Everyone loves to get cozy inside during the winter time, and unfortunately, pests do too. Pests start looking for food and shelter in order to get out of the cold weather. Once a pest finds food in your home, more pests may come and colonize. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common winter pests and traveling pests that you should watch out for during the holiday season.
Pests to Watch Out For
- Rodents – Mice and rats are common pests during the winter time, and they can be difficult to get rid of once they settle down. These pests are also known to spread infectious diseases and carry fleas.
- Bedbugs – Bedbugs are a year-round pest problem; however, bedbug infestations tend to peak during the winter season. It is possible to carry bedbugs inside your home via your shoes, clothes, or any other item that you bring inside. When traveling, you should check your bed thoroughly. These pests are experts at hiding themselves while staying silent. If you’re interested in learning more about preventing a bedbug infestation, click here for some helpful tips.
- Cockroaches – There are hundreds of types of roaches, and many of them can be found in North Carolina. German roaches are very common pests during the winter season. While roaches may not seem harmful, many of them can cause severe health problems. Roaches can be difficult pests to get rid of once they colonize in your home. If you suspect that there may be a roach infestation in your home, get in touch with us for a free inspection!
- Ants – There are a variety of ants that are common during the winter months, and you should keep an eye out for these small pests. While ants may seem harmless, they can carry harmful bacteria and cause damage to your home. Carpenter ants are common during the winter, and a carpenter ant infestation can lead to problems with your home’s structural integrity.
- Outdoor pests – Pests such as spiders, stink bugs, spiders, millipedes, and crickets are common outdoor pests; however, these pests tend to look for warm places during the winter time. If you notice one or more of these pests in your home, you should get in touch with us. We can safely remove pests from your home, and take preventative measures to keep pests out.
These pests are some of the most common pests in North Carolina during the winter, but there are plenty of pests that we didn’t mention. If you are concerned about pests in your home, we offer free pest inspections so that you do not have to hesitate to have your home checked. We also offer flexible service agreements, and we use the most up to date treatment methods to remove pests and keep them from coming back. Give us a call at 336-782-4577 or fill out the form on our website for a free quote!
If you need help dealing with unwanted wildlife, check out Midstate Wildlife Solutions!